The RTA are the state government statutory authority that helps make renting work for everyone. We provide tenancy information and support, bond management, dispute resolution, investigation, and policy and education services.
For further information click here
Smoke Alarms - Tenants Responsibility
- test and clean (by vacuuming or dusting) smoke alarms at least once every 12 months
- replace any flat or nearly flat batteries
- advise the property owner/manager if there is any issue with the alarm (apart from batteries)
- allow the property owner/manager right of entry to install smoke alarms.
- not remove a smoke alarm or the battery (other than to replace it), or do anything to reduce the effectiveness of the alarm e.g. paint it.
Tenants are to submit all maintenance requests in writing to their property manager.
Amanda Bayles: email@example.com
Kathryn O'Brien: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenants must maintain the property including lawns,pool etc according to their Tenancy Agreement.
For further information regarding maintenance, click here
Tenants are to pay rent as per the terms of their Tenancy Agreement
For further information regarding rent, click here
To download a copy of the Pocket Guide For Tenants booklet, click here
The booklet is also available in other languages as well. Please use the click here option above.